Well Placement Engineer
|Job Title||Vacancy ID|
|Well Placement Engineer||TR2002023|
Our client based in Aberdeen are looking for a Well placement Engineer to join their team on an Adhoc basis.
• Reservoir modelling, characterization and production geology. Integrating geoscience and engineering data for optimizing reservoir development.
• Infill well planning and field development planning.
• Resources and reserves assessment including asset evaluations.
• Well placement, geosteering and reservoir mapping using PeriScope & GeoSphere technology.
• Geomechanics and stress characterization.
• Experience with characterizing in situ stress conditions using hydraulic fracture treatment data, CMI image logs and cross dipole sonic logs.
• Unconventional shale gas and oil. Experience with shale gas and oil exploration and development. This includes both the subsurface technical challenges and the surface socio-political challenges.
• Burial history modelling. Very good understanding of the geological controls and input parameters affecting burial history modelling and source rock maturation. This includes reconstructing uplift history from sonic velocity analysis and compaction curve fitting, palaeo-heat flows, palaeo geothermal gradients and vitrinite reflectance.
• Fracture mechanics-propagation & arrest. An understanding of the mechanical controls governing hydro fracture initiation, propagation, deflection and arrest.
• Experience with both analogue and numerical modelling (Finite Element Method) of fractures. Calibrating new technologies to real-world requirements and challenges.