Trainee Warehouse/Brine Plant Operator
|Job Title||Vacancy ID|
|Trainee Warehouse/Brine Plant Operator||TR2022122|
Our client based in Aberdeen is looking for a Trainee Warehouse/Bring Plant Operator to join their team for a permanent role.
The Trainee Bulk Plant Operator works with experienced Bulk Plant Operators to actively learn all aspects of the Company’s Bulk Plant facilities and Warehouse duties. These duties include –
• Completion of all required paperwork and checklists.
• Performs all warehouse and brine plant operations safely, efficiently and effectively.
• Actively complying with all required policies and work procedures.
• Understands and actively applies the requirements of the HSEQ Notification Guideline.
• Delivers safe, efficient, innovative and excellent quality work, and provides exceptional service to both internal and external clients.
• Proactively works to achieve Departmental and Team tasks and objectives in a safe, timely and efficient manner
Essential responsibilities and duties -
• Works to and complies with the Company’s QHSE standards, policies and procedures.
• Prepares stock: palletising/shrink-wrapping/loading and unloading containers
• Mixes brines: cutting-in sacks of product; taking sample weight measurements and TCTs
• Attends to Quayside loading/unloading of vessels to and from storage tanks
• Attends to the filtration of returned fluids from customers
• Works bulk plants i.e. valves/hoses/pumps
• Forklift truck operation
• Works with experienced Team members to prepare customer orders as per written or verbal instructions.
• Maintains the warehouse and brine plant facilities in a clean and tidy condition.
• Maintains bulk plant and warehouse stock reports and records.
• Prepares stock/equipment movement documentation (both internal & external).
Desired Qualities/Qualifications -
• Good numeracy, literacy skills.
• Be computer-literate to Beginner level in MS Word, Excel and Outlook Email packages
• Must enjoy and thrive on being “hands-on”
• Have an investigative mind, be inquisitive.
• Understand and analyze information quickly and effectively; be able to follow that information as described
• Able to articulate own point of view or raise concerns to BPO’s and Warehouse / Plant Supervisor
• Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with all internal and external customers.
• Be a competent active listener. Be a quick learner; ask questions.
• Must have the ability to interpret requests and instructions accurately, and interpret customer needs accordingly, in order to deliver necessary guidance or instruction.
• Have analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Must have a can-do attitude and be willing to work anti-social hours at short notice
• Must be able to work well in a team and take instruction well
• Demonstrates understanding of procedures and policies and applies that understanding when working
• Must be able to effectively and correctly complete movement sheets
• Shows initiative, will problem-solve effectively as the situation requires.
• A current driving license is essential (for example for travel between client and company worksites and premises).
• Must work to deadlines. Completes assigned tasks to a high standard.