Quality Assurance Lead
|Job Title||Vacancy ID|
|Quality Assurance Lead||TR2022125|
Our client based in Aberdeen are looking for a Quality Assurance Lead to join their team.
• Aim to ensure that the training products and services are fit for purpose, consistent and meet both external and internal requirements
• Direct responsibility for and be the main point of contact (including relationship management and the Centre compliance) for all Awarding Bodies, Skills Councils and the SCQF Partnership
• Be a supportive team player, working in harmony with the Operations Manager and all training staff. Provide clear direction and instruction in relation to all training course administration - including SVQ portfolios, assessments and reporting requirements in line with Awarding Body, Skills Councils and SCQF Partnership guidelines and criteria.
• Be a supportive team player, working in harmony with the Customer Service & Marketing Manager and Customer Service Team.
• Ensure all of the aforementioned staff are fully trained in the administration requirements of all Awarding Bodies, Skills Councils and SCQF Partnership and are furnished with the most up-to-date and relevant documentation required by the training staff for the delivery of all training courses (vocational and commercial courses).
• Responsible for ensuring the company is fully compliant with the legislative requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, including GDPR.
• Undertake annual quality assurance monitoring of all training and assessment materials (vocational qualifications and commercial courses) to ensure all materials are up-to-date with respect to learning content, subject areas and changing legislation.
• Ensure all appropriate documentation pertaining to commercial course paperwork required by the Awarding Bodies for auditing purpose is collated centrally and retained in a secure filing system.
• Ensure all training and assessment materials are copyrighted and secured with read only access on the NESCol N drive.
• Ensure all training and assessment materials meet the required standards and criteria set out by the Awarding Bodies, Skills Councils and the SCQF Partnership.
• Carry out ongoing internal sampling audits for all Awarding Bodies, Skills Councils and SCQF Partnership, ahead of each annual audit to ensure there are no non compliances or issues before formal audits commence.
• Manage ASET’s internal and external verification processes, including the tracking of EV/moderator reports, identifying and closing out required actions, developing improvement plans and managing risk.
• In conjunction with the Operations Manager, carry out regular standardisation meetings to ensure the training curriculum is taught consistently to the required Awarding Body, Skills Councils and SCQF Partnership standards.
• Carry out a minimum of two Lesson Observations aper annum on all permanent and contract training staff monitoring compliance with Awarding Body, Skills Councils and SCQF Partnership standards and criteria.
• Hold regular quality assurance review meetings with the Customer Service Team to ensure appropriate processes are in place and correct documentation is used at all times in relation to Awarding Bodies, Skills Councils and SCQF Partnership.
• Ongoing evaluation of teaching resources and aids in order to improve the effectiveness and quality of the teaching staff methodology.
• Management of the OPITO / ECITB SVQ Vocational Apprentice Portfolios, including monitoring the Portfolio Register and sign in / sign out arrangements.
• Sense check and format all new training materials developed by the training staff.
• Annually review, in conjunction with the NESCol Data Protection Officer, Data Protection and GDPR processes and procedures in relation to the collation of personal data.
• Ensure all appropriate documentation pertaining to all commercial courses paperwork required by the Awarding Bodies for auditing purpose are collated centrally and retained in a secure filing system
Knowledge / Skills:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Effective planning and organisational skills
• ICT literate and able to use a range of software packages effectively
• Attention to detail and observation abilities
• Analytical skills
• Influencing and persuasion skills
• Report writing
• Comprehensive understanding on the role of Quality Assurance Management
• Preparation and review of quality assurance policies and procedures
Experience / Qualifications:
• Higher English or equivalent qualification
• Experience in business administration
• Quality Assurance Co-Ordinator or equivalent
• Understanding of Quality Assurance systems and processes
• Working with educational and skills development vocational Awarding Bodies
• Confident and enthusiastic
• Well organised
• Team player
• People person
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Commitment to the promotion of equality and diversity in the workplace
• Ability to work flexibly to meet the requirements of the job
• Driving License
• Evidence of commitment to continuing professional development