|Job Title||Vacancy ID|
Our client based in Aberdeenshire are looking for a Maintenance Technician to join their team on an ongoing basis.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for maintenance, modification and repair of Company equipment, including all Filtration and Brine Plant fluid-moving equipment; and responsible for all associated documentation.
• Responsible for the assembly and disassembly of mechanical equipment; systems testing; calibration of equipment; and environmental screening.
• Participate in the calibration and maintenance of all analytical rental equipment, Horiba Analysers, Turbidity Meters and Centrifuges.
• Provide knowledgeable and effective mechanical troubleshooting.
• Continuously evaluate and recommend mechanical innovations to drive continuous improvement.
• Provide Operations Teams with technical mechanical input as required.
• Co-ordinate and carry out both planned and preventative equipment maintenance.
• Service diesel units to the highest standard within required time-deadlines.
• Prepare, and revise if necessary, customer Filtration equipment load-out lists as per written / oral instructions.
• Maintain/update Brine Plant and Filtration equipment maintenance reports, spreadsheets and records.
• Updates trackers, and certification on the company drives, and paperwork/cert packs prior to equipment going offshore.
• Prepare both internal & external Equipment movement documentation.
• Co-ordinate both Warehouse and Offshore staff when inspecting and maintaining Filtration equipment and 3rd party rentals, ensuring work instructions are communicated effectively and carried out safely.
• Provide practical service, maintenance and repair training to Warehouse and Offshore staff.
• Liaise with customer representatives as required.
• Assist in monitoring and evaluating the services and products received from 3rd party companies and suppliers.
• Assist with materials and supplies ordering in accordance with Company policy, ensuring accurate completion of required documents.
• Create from new or maintain and update existing maintenance procedures or documents (e.g. Equipment/Parts Requisition forms, Maintenance sheets, Quality system records).
• Participate in and assist with internal, external and Client audits as required.
• Utilise e-mail for all business correspondence.
• Actively participate in the team environment.
• Attend other work sites where required.
• Maintain and improve efficiency of the Warehouse maintenance bay
Desired qualities and qualifications:
• Mechanical qualification advantageous but not essential.
• Must have extensive servicing and repair experience of heavy plant or machinery.
• Experience in a similar role in the oil and gas industry preferred.
• Working knowledge and experience of Brine Plant operations preferred but not essential; for example, experience of applying Brine Mix instructions, and the loading and unloading of quayside Bulk fluids.
• Previous maintenance experience of Filtration equipment is preferred but not essential.
• B2 Forklift Truck operation certification preferred.
• A current driving license is essential (for example for travel between client and company worksites and premises).
• Be computer-literate to Intermediate level in MS Word, Excel and Outlook Email packages
• Good numeracy and literal skills
• Show initiative and problem-solve quickly and effectively as work situations require.
• Work safely and effectively to time deadlines. Complete assigned tasks.
• Able to manage multiple projects under strict time-lines with minimal supervision, and still pay attention to detail.
• Be prepared to use own initiative and operate autonomously whilst still maintaining high standard of reporting and accountability to their Manager.
• Must enjoy and thrive on being “hands-on”, have an investigative mind, be inquisitive.
• Understand and analyse complex information quickly and effectively; be able to present that information simply and accurately.
• Interpret requests and instructions accurately, and interpret customer needs accordingly, in order to deliver necessary guidance or instruction.
• Be a competent active listener. Be a quick learner; ask questions.
• Able to articulate own point of view or instructions in terms appropriate to the listener.
• Able to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with all internal and external customers.
• Understand the limits of their own knowledge.