|Job Title||Vacancy ID|
Our client has a requirement for an Estimator to join their team based in Cumbernauld on an ongoing contract basis.
The purpose of the Estimator is to calculate and prepare tender submissions, working out what a contract will cost to deliver, whilst ensuring it returns the required profit.
• Ensure you maintain or improve upon the company’s historic quote to order conversion ratio.
• Prepare tenders/offers in accordance with all our procedures as set out on Estimating Information Sheets and by required return date.
• To prepare tenders/offers from architects’ drawings and/or site visits and detailed specifications provided by the client.
• To estimate the type and number of materials necessary to deliver the contract against the agreed specifications and to offer any value engineering options available.
• To estimate the cost of plant, equipment and overheads.
• To estimate the cost of access, hoisting and protection with due regard to Health & Safety risks.
• To establish the likely, progress a completion rates, including allowances for bad weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
• To attend any pre-order meetings arranged by Main Contractors to assist in submission of Tenders/Offers.
• To calculate a final figure for the estimated cost, supplemented by adjustments for overheads and profit and presenting a tender price.
• To liaise with Contracts Manager/Supervisor, by handover meeting, on receipt of order, to communicate pricing information of the tender.
• Transfer quote and order information to Britain.
• Prepare and submit information for O & M Manuals.
• Adaptability/ Business Awareness/ Detail Handling/ Initiative/Planning and Organising/Roofing Industry/Plant/Safety and Communication.
• Flat roofing experience essential
• Experience of the building and construction industry would be beneficial.
• General computer awareness.