|Job Title||Vacancy ID|
Our client based in Aberdeen are looking for Diesel Engineers to join their team on a staff basis.
Mechanical Engineer, employed to strip, inspect and rebuild engines and associated components within an offshore & onshore environment.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• Maintenance, repair & overhaul of diesel engines and associated components
• Provide technical expertise to diagnose, analyse and rectify faults
• Carry out all work in accordance with manufacturer and industry standards.
• Ability to interpret/identify parts to assist in remedial or work scope planning.
• Provide detailed job reports
• Maintain all associated paperwork as required
• Reporting of any faulty equipment in the correct manner
• The post holder is expected to undertake all reasonable duties, as requested by the company throughout the duration of their employment
• Will be occasional trips offshore
Experience, Competence, Skills & Knowledge:
• Have a minimum of four years as a diesel engineer;
• Candidate should be physically fit;
• Ability to work unsupervised on all aspects of diesel engine repairs and overhauls;
• Ability to take and record critical engine component dimensional measurements;
• Good IT and diagnostic skills;
• Familiar with electronic diagnostic equipment to troubleshoot repairs;
• Ability to read technical drawings / schematics applicable to the job;
• Proficiency with maintenance and repair tools;
• Good knowledge of diesel engine components;
• Valid driving license;
• Valid passport.
• Valid offshore survival certificate
• Valid offshore medical
• Valid forklift certificate