|Job Title||Vacancy ID|
We are currently recruiting a Buyer for our client based in Aberdeen.
Permanent role, working 37.5 hours per week. Currently trialing hybrid working.
The role will involve the purchasing of goods and services to support across 10 different business lines. Other main duties and responsibilities will include.
• Purchasing and expediting of the company’s requirements
• Receive requests for procurement and clarify and understand requirements through interaction and communication with the business lines
• Obtain quotes from suppliers, analyse and clarify where appropriate
• Source materials and services for business line operation
• Ensure full compliance & understanding of the company ERP system
• Provide requester with quotes, make recommendations on best quote/supplier to use and highlight any risks identified with supplier’s offers
• Process purchase orders as per company requirements
• Ensure any purchase are in line with Supplier Frame Agreements
• Expedite as and when required, to ensure suppliers adhere to price, delivery and any other PO commitments
• Identify opportunities and deliver cost savings across all procurement activity
• Negotiate best value with suppliers
Educated to a Secondary education and hold previous purchasing experience
Previous experience in managing a high workload and adhering to tight deadlines
Excellent communications skills.
CIPS qualification is preferred but not essential.