|Job Title||Vacancy ID|
Our client based in Montrose are looking for a Mechanical Fitter to join their team on an ongoing basis.
As a Mechanical Fitter in our Rig Aftermarket site, Montrose, you will take a customer service approach with a view that the services you provide are there to support the efficient management of your workspace and production environment.
As a Mechanical Fitter you will be responsible for Disassembling, inspecting, rebuilding and testing various company Rig Technologies Equipment. You will support, improve and lead on-time assembly & testing of Equipment as well as innovative idea generation and creative, efficient problem solving.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Read, interpret and follow basic diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products.
• Be proficient with the use of engineering measuring tools – Micrometres, Vernier Gauges, Dial Indicators.
• Carry out work instructions as given by Supervisor, e.g. work specifications, equipment operation.
• Complete Facility maintenance tasks as directed by supervisor.
• Ensure all job-related QA Plans, Work scopes, Route Carts, Inspection Reports, Test Reports and Build sheets are filled out as the job progresses.
• Conduct equipment Testing / FATs in accordance with NOV procedures.
• Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified
• Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes
• Support key initiatives such as on time delivery, schedule attainment, cost of quality
• Generate and implement improvement ideas and encourage idea generation among team members and stop work for safety and escalate concerns.
• Carry out trouble shooting of Equipment / Systems and be familiar with and use of proactive root cause problem solving (Fishbone / 5Ys etc.)
• Support all NCR reporting.
• Willingly assist Supervisor to eradicate identified potential areas of non-conformance.
• Respond to identified process improvements and implement them willingly.
• Actively engaging in positive discussions regarding potential problematic areas at daily team brief meetings.
• Report discrepancies in job procedures, processes and route times as soon as they are identified. Communicate them to the Supervisor and implement changes when requested.
• Strive to assist with maintaining all relevant KPIs in Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Engagement whilst identifying areas for improvement.
• Action all tasks assigned to maintain high levels of target achievement as designated by Supervisor.
• Accountable for the correct movement of job components through the workflow process ensuring items are staged in designated areas at all times.
• Operate designated machines safely and competently, ensuring that all HSE and housekeeping standards are maintained.
• Take part and contribute in toolbox talks.
• Actively take part in the company competency program.
• Demonstrate awareness of company objectives, policies and procedures.
• Promote and adhere to health and safety policies and procedures without exception.
• Ensure all company policies surrounding, health & safety, quality requirements and housekeeping are met.
• Adheres to inspection criteria, policies and procedures without exception.
• Maintain housekeeping (clean, safe, a place for everything & everything in its place) in your allocated areas at all times
• Carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager.
• Time served apprenticeship or HNC in a relevant subject or Higher education in a relevant subject
• Woking knowledge within an oil & gas, heavy plant, factory machinery or mechanical aerospace environment.
• Working knowledge of Pressure Equipment
• Working knowledge of Hydraulic systems
• Pressure testing Experience
• Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook).
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings