CNC Machinist x 6
|Job Title||Vacancy ID|
|CNC Machinist x 6||TR2020084|
Our client based in Kintore are looking for 6 CNC Machinists to join their team, they currently have 3 staff roles and 3 temp contract roles.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Operate designated machine safely and competently, ensuring that all HSE and housekeeping standards are maintained.
• Carry out designated tasks as instructed.
• Interoperate Engineering drawings manufacturing components within set tolerances.
• Demonstrate awareness of and promote company objectives, policies and procedures.
• Demonstrate desire and willingness to promote and ensure that 5S principles are adhered to.
• Ensure all company policies surrounding, health & safety, quality requirements and housekeeping are met.
• Adheres to inspection criteria, policies and procedures without exception.
• Take part and contribute in toolbox talks.
• Report discrepancies in job route times as soon as they are identified. Communicate them to the Cell Leader and implement changes when requested.
• Attend daily briefings, actively engaging in positive discussions regarding potential problematic areas.
• Record accurate time entry (WIP)
• Identify and report quality related issues to Cell Leader.
• Accurately describe events during quality related investigations, aiding the Cell Leader to understand the root cause where required.
• Willingly assist Cell Leader to eradicate identified or potential areas of non-conformance.
• Respond to identified process improvements and implement them willingly.
• Carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager.
• Identify technical issues and seek support to rectify them whilst offering solutions where possible.
• Strive to assist with maintaining all relevant KPIs in Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Engagement whilst identifying areas for improvement.
• Assist with streamlining and improving overall manufacturing efficiencies and process performances to reduce overall direct labour costs.
• Action all tasks assigned to maintain high levels of target achievement as designated by Cell Leader.
• Cover holidays and absence by working overtime in line with business needs.
• Travel as and when required.
• Ensure that all procedures/paperwork is completed, kept up to date and signed off by the relevant person.
• Time served apprenticeship in CNC Machining.
• Good working knowledge of the Oil and Gas components.
• Working knowledge of CNC lathes, CNC machining centres & CNC horizontal borers.
• Knowledge of machine programing language e.g. Mazatrol/Fanuc.
• Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook).
• Understanding of Engineering drawings.
• Higher education, HNC/HND, in CNC Machining including range of operating programs.
• Experience in G-Code, ISO machining languages.
• ERP knowledge such as Oracle, Emax
• Have an understanding of common place industry materials and their application.