|Job Title||Vacancy ID|
Our client based in Portlethen are looking to hire a HR Advisor a 12-month contract basis.
As HR Advisor you will work in partnership with the business to provide specialist support for key internal clients across multiple sites. You will be part of the company’s Corporate team which is based in Aberdeen. Your knowledge of Generalist HR together with your ability to develop effective working relationships, influence and coach managers will act as a strong foundation in this role. As HR Advisor you will support the HR Team to equip key stakeholders with appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage their people in line with their people plans e.g. absence management, performance management, talent management and provide project management support and HR expertise to the business with specific related projects. By providing transactional advice and support (employee relations, terms and conditions and creation of reports) you will improve cost and efficiency, clarify accountabilities and empower delivery of great customer service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide day-to-day HR Employee Relations support and act as first point of contact for all HR queries referring complex issues to HRBP
• Support the HR Team with development/implementation of KPI’s/Business Plan
• In conjunction with Management interpret the metrics and adapt the plan to address the issues/corrective actions
• Work closely with HR Team across the business to monitor, review and update all policies & procedures and documentation in line with NOV Standards, current legislation and best practice
• Educate and support Management on HR Processes, policies & procedures e.g. absence management and performance management
• Conduct Employee Relations activities in conjunction with Management in line with NOV policies & Procedures referring complex issues to HRBP
• Understand the boundaries/policies & procedures and escalate any Risks to HR Business Partner
• Provide an advisory service to employees ensuring that they are fully aware of their rights and entitlements to include benefits and payroll
• Ensure HR matters are handled fairly and consistently in line with legal and company requirements
• Support the People Plan; action appropriate deliverables within an agreed timeframe e.g. absence management, talent management
• Support alignment of HR and Business Interventions with Company Values (change management)
• Support the delivery of HR Initiatives within an agreed timeframe e.g. external engagement with Education and awarding bodies and the onboarding project Work in collaboration with the COEs across the business
• Travel in the UK as and when required.
• Carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manage.
• Cover for the other regional HR Advisor as required.
• Comply with all Company and HSE policies and procedures.
• HNC/HND Business Related subject
• HR Generalist experience; Employee Relations
• Good understanding of HR Policy & Practice and current employment legislation
• Working as part of a team and standalone
• Proven ability to consistently deliver within a fast moving and highly pressurised environment
• Analyses data to demonstrated intuitive thinking to make the right commercial decisions
• Working in a matrix organisational structure
• Oil & Gas/Services experience
• Understanding of the business and how it works and how HR adds value to the bottom line
• Good communication skills; written and oral
• Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
• Driving license is essential