|Job Title||Vacancy ID|
Our client based in Portlethen is recruiting an Assistant Accountant for a full time temporary role lasting approximately 4 months. Applicants must be part-qualified CIMA/ACCA/ICAS/ICAEW.
As Assistant Accountant working within the Corporate Finance team you will be supporting certain parts of the Rig Technologies (RT) segment. You will be responsible for the intercompany reconciliations on our Rig Aftermarket (RA) ledger and have full responsibility for the financial reporting for our Procon business. The intercompany reconciliations involve frequent communication with colleagues around the world to reconcile intercompany balances and mark-up balances. In relation to support for the Procon business you will have responsibility for timely and accurate reporting and the presentation of the financials to the local management team. You will be expected to be the finance business partner to the RA-UK/SSA management team supporting and educating them on finance analyses and initiatives as required therefore you will already have experience in working with non-finance people. You will be working to tight deadlines and be expected to work within the appropriate financial controls in line with NOV, SOX and UK GAAP requirements. You will liaise with internal and external auditors as required. You will be a detail-oriented person and should be keen to take on fresh challenges, develop your technical and interpersonal skills as well as expand your knowledge and experience.
Duties will include:
• Prepare monthly intercompany reconciliations which includes liaising with intercompany partners to ensure agreement on balances and mark up.
• Prepare and submit the monthly financial reports and analyses for the Procon ledger including but not limited to balance sheet reconciliations and margin analyses
• Assist the Divisional Accountant for the Rig Aftermarket (RA) ledger on the monthly & quarterly SOX requirements including but not limited to significant balance sheet reconciliations, revenue recognition cut off testing and intercompany aging analysis
• Prepare and submit the quarterly SOX submissions for the Procon ledger
• Actively assisting the local management team at Procon with:
o monthly reporting and analysis as required on actual and forecast numbers.
o Capital Expenditure submissions
o Finance education and training as required
• Prepare monthly intercompany payments.
• Prepare monthly VAT reconciliations for the RA and Procon ledgers ready for review
• Assist Divisional Accountant for RA in ad-hoc projects as required
• Part-qualified CIMA/ACCA/ICAS/ICAEW
• Previous experience working for an engineering or manufacturing company
• Previous experience working with non-finance people
• Computer literacy (including excellent command of Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint)
• ERP knowledge