|Job Title||Vacancy ID|
|£25,000.00 to £30,000.00||Permanent|
As Assistant Accountant working within the Corporate Finance team you will be supporting certain parts of the Rig Technologies (RT) segment. You will be responsible for the intercompany reconciliations on our Rig Aftermarket (RA) ledger, support of monthly accounting activities and have full responsibility for the financial reporting for our Procon business. In relation to support for the Procon business you will have responsibility for timely and accurate reporting and the presentation of the financials to the local management team. You will expected to be the finance business partner to the management team supporting and educating them on finance analyses and initiatives as required. You will already have experience in working with non-finance people. You will be working to tight deadlines and be expected to work within the appropriate financial controls in line with the company, SOX and UK GAAP requirements. You will liaise with internal and external auditors as required. You will be a detail-oriented person and should be keen to take on fresh challenges, develop your technical and interpersonal skills as well as expand your knowledge and experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare monthly intercompany reconciliations which includes liaising with intercompany partners to ensure agreement on balances and mark up.
• Prepare and submit the monthly financial reports and analyses for the Procon ledger including but not limited to balance sheet reconciliations and margin analyses
• Assist the Divisional Accountant for the Rig Aftermarket (RA) ledger on the monthly & quarterly SOX requirements including but not limited to significant balance sheet reconciliations, revenue recognition cut off testing and intercompany aging analysis
• Prepare and submit the quarterly SOX submissions for the Procon ledger
• Actively assisting the local management team at Procon with:
o Monthly reporting and analysis as required on actual and forecast numbers.
o Capital Expenditure submissions
o Finance education and training as required
• Prepare monthly intercompany payments.
• Prepare monthly VAT reconciliations for the RA and Procon ledgers ready for review
• Assist Divisional Accountant for RA in ad-hoc projects as required
• Part-qualified ICAEW/ICAS/CIMA/ACCA
• Previous experience working within a similar role
• Experience in a SOX controls environment
• Computer literacy (including excellent command of Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Outlook & Powerpoint)
• ERP knowledge